Strategic Project Management for Operational Excellence – ASQ Greater Houston
September 19 @ 5:00 PM - October 4 @ 8:00 PM
Please join Tony Belilovskiy at ASQ Greater Houston’s September 19, 2019 Professional Development Meeting to learn how you create a final project presentation that is totally compelling as it’s based on unimpeachable data and supported by qualitative customer input.
Traditional project management assumes the solution is known and your job is to execute it. Your task is to manage the time, budget, resources and risks to achieve a defined result. Unfortunately, change leaders rarely have such a clear path and must create WOW results out of uncertainty.
Most improvement and innovation projects are different, usually starting only with assumptions about or symptoms of a problem or opportunity. The fastest, most optimum solution is not yet known.
Projects related to continuous improvement, strategic initiatives, Lean, Six Sigma, customer satisfaction, new product or service innovation and cultural change fall into this category. They are often high-risk endeavors that have fuzzy direction, high failure rates and low ROI. This highly interactive workshop is designed to prevent those problems and create heroes, starting with you. The solution requires a skilled team of Crime Scene Investigators (CSI) who use the best methods and have the latest tools.
This workshop will provide the tools and steps from creating a crystal-clear charter through construction of a final presentation that is compelling, based on unimpeachable data and supported by qualitative customer input.
The insightful leader needs to be highly effective at:
- Selecting the critical few issues for focus, from too many choices
- Defining the process problem so well it is half-solved
- Avoiding scope creep and team dysfunction
- Incorporating the voice of the customer priorities into process work
- Changing how process owners & teams think to reveal innovative solutions
- Using new tools, going beyond tired past practices of the last century
- Assuring the remedy is compelling, unimpeachable and executed fast
Success requires a transformation system as well as a systems approach to transformation. You’ll get both. See how insightful leaders achieved “impossible” outcomes, excited customers, engaged employees and set new measures of success at high speed others can only dream about. Learn how multiple practitioners got lightning fast results such as $20 million in savings, response and cycle time reductions of 80%, and recognition for best-in-class enterprise performance. If you are an executive, change agent, innovation leader or Lean Six Sigma MBB impatient for transformative results, this jargon-free session is for you. Take-aways you can immediately apply include:
- The 8 Dimensions of Excellence framework that aligns your project with strategic, operations, and customer priorities
- A Decision Tree for successful completion of the project
- New Process Selection Criteria that enables you to determine which process(es) to improve or innovate for high ROI and satisfaction
- An elegantly simple Process Mapping approach that cuts >50% of your mapping/measuring effort and reduces 80% of total process cycle time
- A Transformation Roadmap that shows what should happen before and after any process improvement project to assure biggest impact
- A Project Charter for successful completion of a process improvement project, reducing confusion, chaos, conflict, and scope creep